Sustainable Jersey for Schools, scheduled to launch in October 2014, is a voluntary certification program for New Jersey public schools. To become certified, schools will be required to complete and submit a balanced package of sustainability actions.
The program will:
• Advance and support sustainable practices in schools
• Identify concrete actions that schools can implement to become certified
• Provide a comprehensive package of tools, guidance materials, training and financial incentives to support and reward progress.
Why participate? Sustainable practices:
• Result in healthier schools
• Reduce operating costs and free up money for the classroom
• Contribute to student success